The Honourable Mr. Pravind Kumar Jugnauth, Prime Minister, Minister of Home Affairs, External Communications and National Development Unit, Minister of Finance and Economic Development of the Republic of Mauritius presented his budget speech for the fiscal year 2019/2020 on the 10th of June 2019.
The 2019/2020 budget was themed as ‘Embracing a Brighter Future Together’ with a vision that:
- Strengthening the pillars of economic growth;
- Consolidating the productive sectors while shaping a democratised economy;
- Expanding our economic space while deepening regional integration;
- Building the infrastructure that matches our development vision;
- Deepening our national reform agenda;
- Reaching a higher social development path with a focus on gender mainstreaming and improving quality of life;
- Promoting a safer and more secure living environment;
- Facing the challenge of climate change and further building the resilience of our environment;
- Building stronger foundations for the infrastructural development of Rodrigues, Agalega and Outer Islands; and
- Securing sound public finances and sustainable debt.
We present to you our Budget Brief highlighting key aspects in the Financial Services Sector, Fiscal Measures and legal reforms among others.